Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Announcement: Tulare County Superior Court Introduces Our Virtual Public Counter -

The Tulare County Superior Court is excited to announce our new service, the Virtual Public Counter.  Accessed via mobile device or computer, our virtual public counter offers real-time, face-to-face interactions with our Superior Court support team, potentially alleviating the need for a physical visit to the court. They assist with a variety of services like court records requests, payments, and self-help.  Due to procedural logistics some services may require an in-person visit.  Click here to try it now.

Records Request


Records include all active and archived public records.  Most of the records maintained by the court are adjudicated and available for public viewing and purchase.   The court does have a destruction program in place and not all records may be available.  The clerk can provide additional information regarding destroyed records.

The court follows the guidance of the Judicial Council in providing consistent information to the public.  The Judicial Council policies are available here.  


The court offers requests for copies in person, by appointment, online or by mail.  You may schedule an appointment or request copies by using the online request form.

Mail Request

Requests by mail must include a case number and should be sent to:

For case numbers beginning with a “V”:

Superior Court of California
County of Tulare
Visalia Division
221 South Mooney Boulevard
Visalia, CA 93291
Attn:  Civil/Criminal Records

For case number beginning with a “P”:

Superior Court of California
County of Tulare
South County Justice Center
300 E. Olive Avenue
Porterville, CA 93257
Attn:  Civil/Criminal Records

The turn-around time for mail varies and is 15 workdays from the date the request and payment are received. Please note you must submit a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request for copies.

Online Request

Complete the On-Line request card. Due to the fluctuating volume of requests, court staff will reach out to you in 24-48 hours after receiving your request.  You must know your case number to use this feature and you must provide a valid e-mail address so confirmation can be sent to you. In-person appointments will be scheduled after the On-Line request is received.

If you do not know your case number, you can complete a case number search by using the public Case Index Search portal. If you are ready to begin your case search, click here.

If the information you submit is incorrect, this will delay your request and you may be required to submit a new request. Please make every effort to enter accurate information, including your contact information, so court staff can contact you if there is a question. Court staff will send a confirmation message in a return email.

All requests for copies whether submitted by email or mail are processed within 15 business days from the date the request and payment are received.  The processing time can be adjusted based on the volume of requests received.

Copy Fees

The following fees apply to copies of court public records:

  • Divorce Decrees (Dissolution of Judgment) certified $15.00.
  • Divorce Decrees (Dissolution of Judgment) for any Public Agency $10.00.
  • Any document CERTIFIED (other than Dissolution of Judgment) in Family Law, Family Support, Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Unlawful Detainer, Criminal and Traffic $ 40.00 plus copies.
  • Copies of any document (NOT certified) $.50 per page per side.

If submitting payment by MAIL please send check, money order or cashier check (NO CASH).

If personally picking up copies you can pay with cash, credit, debit, check, cashier check or money order.

What if I don’t have a case number?

If you cannot locate your case number, you will need to conduct your own index search, appear at any of the locations noted below during regular business hours to conduct your own research or you may pay the clerk to research for you. The rate is $15.00 for any search that takes longer than 10 minutes per name. Please note this court does not complete criminal background checks. The name search function is to identify an existing case, not whether you were charged with a crime. If you need a criminal history showing all cases you have been convicted of, please contact the State of California Department of Justice at:

Request a copy of Criminal History Record Telephone: (916) 227-3849

In Person Search

Computer terminals are available for case number search; they are located at the following locations:

Visalia Division
221 S. Mooney Blvd.
Room 124 and Room 201
Visalia, CA 93291

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.